Why am I being asked to add my mobile phone number to my Facebook account? | Facebook AI: Get all Things AI today

Why am I being asked to add my mobile phone number to my Facebook account?

Why am I being asked to add my mobile phone number to my Facebook account?

Facebook may use your mobile phone number for purposes such as:

  1. Helping you log in. If you forget your password, you'll need an updated mobile number or email address to reset it.
  2. Suggesting People you may know so you can connect with them on Facebook.
  3. Showing you relevant ads. However, we don't ever sell personal information, including your mobile phone number, to anyone.
  4. Helping keep your account safe through opt-in features such as text message or email alerts for unrecognised logins or two-factor authentication.

Learn more about how Facebook uses your phone number or email address in their Privacy Policy. You may see a number suggested for you when we ask you to add your mobile phone number. It will only be added to your account if you choose to add it.

Facebook may suggest a mobile number for you based on information that we receive from sources such as:

  • Your mobile phone or tablet.
  • Contact info provided by others on Facebook.
  • A mobile number that you entered previously but didn't confirm.

Note: Once you've confirmed your phone number, you can adjust notification settings and control who can see your contact info. You can also remove a mobile phone number from your account at any time.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post